Gulftainer Company Limited was established in 1976 in the Emirate of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates.
The company's primary role is to manage and operate the container terminals in Port Khalid and Khorfakkan on behalf of Sharjah Port Authority. Major Shipping Lines calling at these ports include United Arab Shipping Company (UASC), CMA-CGM, CSAV, Hanjin, Sea Consortium, China Shipping, Hapag Lloyd, American President Lines (APL), MAG Container Lines, Maersk Line, Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) and Ethiopian Shipping Line.
Also within the UAE, the company commenced a 5-year contract in November 2009, to provide the international plastics company, Borouge, with on-site logistics services at their polyolefins plant in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi.
Complementing this work, Gulftainer launched ‘Momentum Logistics’, in October 2008. Momentum Logistics operates one of the largest heavy transport fleets in the United Arab Emirates, a freight forwarding business, an inland container depot (SICD), container repair facilities, a shipping agency which undertakes local ship/cargo agency work. www.momentumlogistics.com
Currently the company is involved internationally in Kuwait, Pakistan, Turkey, North & South Iraq with further new ventures soon to be announced.
- Gulftainer was awarded the "Sharjah Economic Excellence Gold Award" in Trade Sector Category (large organisations) by Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry in 2011.
- Gulftainer was presented with the 2010 achievement award by Liebherr Container Cranes for the highest recorded individual crane productivity .
- Gulftainer's Khorfakkan Container Terminal was named 'Shipping Port of the Year' at the Supply Chain and Transport Awards (SCATA) 2011.
- Gulftainer was acknowledged as the "Most Productive Terminal Operator in the world" by industry leaders in 2010.
- Gulftainer has successfully achieved ISO certification in respect of ISO9001:2008, ISO14001:2004 and OSHAS 18001:2007 through DNV during 2010.
- Gulftainer was acknowledged as the "Most Productive Terminal Operator in the world" by industry leaders in 2009.
- Gulftainer ranked at No. 38 in Throughput League of Worldwide Terminal Operators for 2009.(No.46 in 2008)
- Gulftainer named 'Port Authority and Terminal Operator of the year 2009' at the SCATA Awards 2009.
- Gulftainer was acknowledged as the "fastest container terminal in the world" by industry leaders in 2008.
- Gulftainer was awarded the "Sharjah Economic Excellence Award" by Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry in 2008.
- Gulftainer ranked at No. 8 among the Top Ten Private Container Terminal Operators.
- Gulftainer was presented with the 2008 achievement award by Liebherr Container Cranes for the highest recorded individual crane productivity over a thirty hour vessel operation.
- Gulftainer was ranked as No.1 in the Middle East in respect of Mobile Harbour Crane productivity performance in 2008.
View a short video about the History & Achievements of Gulftainer Company as Video OR Flash here.
Please read/download the complete profile of the company in pdf format GulftainerProfile.pdf here.
Please also read/download the Standard Terms and Conditions of utilising the services of Gulftainer's Ports & Terminals.
Please also read/download the file GulftainerSpecialProjects.pdf
Please read/download the Anti-Corruption Policy of the company in pdf format GulftainerGroup_Anti-CorruptionPolicy.pdf here.