- Terminal Services
- Customer Support
- Contact Us
Iraq - Umm Qasr Logistics Centre
The Umm Qasr Logistics Center (UQLC), an area of 750,000 sqm, has been developed just to the north of Umm Qasr Port and is ideally placed to provide all types of services related to the port. It is a fully integrated logistics centre with facilities offering value added services like shifting cargo from the port, handling at the facility, storing, consolidation, de-consolidation, sorting, stripping and stuffing of cargo in/ out of containers, verification, packaging, labelling and other logistic services.
UQLC has direct access to the main Basrah - Umm Qasr Road and is placed to take advantage of all the opportunities arising from the impending boom in the Oil and Gas sector. With bonded facilities, in-house Customs and IPA (Iraqi Port Authorities), life support systems and professional security, customers will be able to enjoy bespoke services in a professional environment, offered through a one-stop-shop location.
- Extending Umm Qasr Port’s storage and handling capacity
- Secure Storage Areas
- Covered and Uncovered Warehousing
- Cold Stores
- Inland Container Depot
- Serviced plots for hazardous, fabrication, commercial and oil and gas industries.
- The platform for efficient customs clearance and inland transport services.
- Rental offices and accommodation - Click here for details on Umm Qasr - Oasis Residence
ICD – Inland Container Depot (“Dry Port”)A wholly owned and operated facility by GT lies within the bonded area and provides a fully-fledged “dry” port, to effectively increase the capacity of Umm Qasr Port. Within the ICD there is a full level of facilities for Iraqi Authorities such as:
- Iraqi Port Authority
- Iraqi Land Transport Company (With intensions to extend to Port Health and IMTC.)
- Shipping Lines
- Shipping Agents
- Customs Brokers
- Transport Companies
Container Freight Station
- Sufficient stripping and stuffing area for performing this operation.
- More than 12,000 sqm (comprising of three facilities) warehousing space helping storage and added-value services for goods in secured area near the port, instead of the current merchant driven system of fast cargo removal. The warehouses are provided with suitable racking.
- LCL handling facility
Cold StoresTwo cold stores of aggregate 3,600 square metres provide the much needed capacity in what is Iraq's second city for frozen and chilled food.
Container RepairContainer repair facilities for both local containers which require more cleaning than repair and shipping lines.
GT Engineering DivisionTo support technical support to the maritime trade requirement
For Umm Qasr Logistics Centre related tariff queries, please contact Mr Ivo Minchev at our UAE office.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: +971 561881035