- Terminal Services
- Customer Support
- Contact Us
UAE - Sharjah Inland Container Depot
Sharjah inland Container Depot was opened in April 2004. It is strategically situated on the edge of Sharjah city next to the Dubai border and between the outer Dubai bypass road and the Emirates highway with easy access to the Sharjah industrial areas and direct links to the East Coast and other industrial areas of the UAE. All Sharjah and Northern Emirates containers from K.C.T. (Khorfakkan Container Terminal) are received at and distributed from SICD.
The SICD is constructed to the highest standards containing offices, warehousing, L.C.L. facilities, workshops and a Container Repair facility. The depot covers an area of 180,000 square meters and is capable of stacking 6,000 TEU’s and also has 80 reefer points. The facility is equipped with the latest technology, advanced mobile container handling equipment and controlled by a state-of-the-art, sub-second response computer system resulting in quicker delivery times to our customers. To enable the depot to be a one stop shop there are customs and health facilities on site, as well as agency offices of the major shipping lines. Therefore, processing the clearance and receipt or dispatch of cargo through the terminal could not be easier
- Handling of containers.
- Intermediate storage between the various transportation modes. Special containers and or cargo may require additional provisions, such as refrigeration services and special areas for dangerous cargo.
- Receipt and delivery of containers and general cargo. This may include activities such as weighing, inspection of seals and damages, sticker and safety plate control and container information control. Stuffed containers may be received from SICD in ready condition to be transported to the exit port. Shippers may also directly bring less than Container Load (LCL) cargoes for the purpose of consolidation and despatch.
- Cargo consolidation and distribution if the container cannot be received or delivered directly at the final consignee's door. In this case, containers are stuffed with or destuffed for LCL, depending upon the direction of the cargo movement prior to despatch.
- Depot functions, for the storage of empty containers. Space may also be required for temporary storage of loaded containers awaiting movement out of ICD.
- Other facilities include container cleaning services, per trip trials of reefer containers to check the function of refrigeration equipment, maintenance and repair services for containers, container handling equipment, refrigeration equipment, road chassis, etc. In this respect, ICD should make itself a self-sufficient unit.
- Custom's clearance activities at Inland terminals could help to decrease the dwell-time of containers in deep-sea ports. These activities include checking of LCL cargo prior to stuffing or after stripping, checking container seals, assessment and valuation of cargoes, perusal of container manifests, and so on. The transport of containers under bond to ICDs from deep sea ports is a necessary feature of well-developed multi modal transport systems because this has proved to be a time and cost saving function.
- Physical distribution services can be provided economically at or close to the ICDs. Garments can be ironed and packed, prices tagged on consumer goods, liquids in bulk can be bottled - in short, a variety of cargo-related services to finished goods can be placed near the ICD itself.
Working HoursThe Terminal operates 24 hours a day, every day throughout the year except for Holidays.
Normal working hours are from Saturday to Thursday (excluding Fridays and Public Holidays) in two shifts from 06:00 hours to 1400 hours and from 14:00 hours to 22:00 hours. (The normal working hours will reduce during the Holy Month of Ramadan as per local customs and traditions)
Any activity outside of normal working hours will be charged on overtime basis.
Overtime rate for Gate movements (i.e. receipts and dispatch of containers) will be:-
- From 22:00 hours to 06:00 hours Saturday to Thursday will be at the rate of Dhs.25.00 per container move.
- Friday’s working hours will be from 08:00 hours to 18:00 hours unless otherwise notified and the overtime will be at the rate of Dhs. 25.00 per container move. Any requirement after 18:00 hours can be arranged upon request subject to overtime rate which can be provided on application.
- Working hours and rate of overtime on Public Holidays will be notified as and when applicable.