2019Gulftainer Launches Sea Cargo Clearance Service, S.P.O.T, geographically placed in the UAE’s commercial centre • SPOT offers unparalleled connectivity between the emirates of Dubai and Sharjah
• Efficient time saving with 24-hour access, enhanced online customs clearance, on-site cargo inspection, testing services and up to 80 per cent delivery cost savings
2018The Port of Wilmington , Delaware welcomes the first Swedish steel vessel for the 2018-19 winter season • The arrival of the geared bulker, m/v Amazoneborg marked the 13th consecutive season that Swedish Steel has routed its high-quality steel plate, cold rolled steel sheets in coils, as well as its hot rolled steel sheets in coils through Wilmington.
2018Gulftainer: Sister Port Agreement Paves Way for Stronger Trade Relations between UAE and USA • Historic partnership boosts cooperation between Delaware and Sharjah
• Move positions Gulftainer as the only Middle East terminal operator to manage port operations in the USA
2018Gulftainer Signs 50-year, $600 million concession to Operate and Expand Port of Wilmington in Delaware, USA • US$600 million expected investment in expansion will turn Port into one of largest gateways on the US East Coast, including a new 1.2 million TEU container terminal at former DuPont Corp. facility
• Port becomes the largest ever operation by a UAE company in the United States
2018Gulftainer Invests in Crucial Road Extension to Fuel Sharjah’s Economy Saja’a Permanent Access Road to connect strategically located Saja’a Industrial Investment Park, Gulftainer’s first leasehold initiative, with Port Khalid, Hamriyah Port, KhorFakkan Port
2018Gulftainer Wins Gold at UK-based RosPA Awards 2018 for Occupational Health and Safety • Gulftainer has been handed the 2018 prestigious Gold Award by the UK-based RoSPA Award Scheme. Gulftainer has been recognised for its commitment to employee health and safety standards at its flagship gateway terminal, Sharjah Container Terminal (SCT).
2018Gulftainer Achieves Record Productivity at Sharjah Container Terminal • Registers 32.2 crane moves per hour through April 2018
• Port operator witnesses high demand for new state-of-the-art warehouse facility, Shed 3
2018Gulftainer’s Employee Wellness Programme Recognised at Logistics Middle East Awards 2018 • Company’s Positive Pulse programme named Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year
• Gulftainer was recognised from among 45 shortlisted companies across 12 categories at the event that celebrated excellence in the supply chain.
2018Gulftainer-operated KCT Welcomes CMA CGM Antoine De Saint Exupery, One of the Largest Containerships in the World • 20,600-TEU vessel deployed on French Asia Line 1 service
• Largest-ever vessel call at KCT
2018Gulftainer Secures 50-Year Concession for US Port of Wilmington • Preliminary Agreement to grant Gulftainer operation and development rights over strategic port in the United States with US$580 million planned investment
• Existing volumes 350,000 TEU, with projected 120% increase